Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jonathan183
It is important that when questions are solved, they are marked as such. There used to be an option for doing this in the thread tools menu, but it apparently ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Marking a thread as solved

It is important that when questions are solved, they are marked as such. There used to be an option for doing this in the thread tools menu, but it apparently didn't survive the site upgrade.

You can edit in the word "[solved]" if it's a recent post but I believe this edit option disappears after a couple of weeks. What is the answer?
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

You are correct, Hazel. The Solved plugin doesn't work with this version on the forum software and the option to edit threads does disappear. The only other option we have at the moment is for a TP or Moderator to mark it for you.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    used to be an option for doing this in the thread tools menu, but it apparently didn't survive the site upgrade.
    upgrade to me implies improvement, but from my viewpoint the site was not improved by the last 'upgrade' ... useful tools like marking threads solved were removed and the site became less easy to use - things like the reply button background were clearly different rather than the current similar if not identical shades of grey
    ... and I'm sure we did not have to select advanced to get the range of things to put in a post ...
    MASONTX and rokytnji like this.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Sorry for the delay on getting this issue fixed, but it is still on the bugs list and pending.

Thank you all for your patience!
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    You are correct, Hazel. The Solved plugin doesn't work with this version on the forum software and the option to edit threads does disappear.
    not sure exactly when but just checked one of my posts that at day 3 can no longer be edited

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jonyo View Post
    not sure exactly when but just checked one of my posts that at day 3 can no longer be edited
    You can check the following thread for information on how long posts can be edited and other information about how the forums work:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...-user-faq.html

Guys, I'm going to lock this thread but will update it again if I should hear more about a fix for the SOLVED issue.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Edit: okay, the "solved" plugin has been fixed and users are now able to mark their threads SOLVED once again.
    Last edited by oz; 01-20-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: see edit
    oz