Find the answer to your Linux question:
In this forum and many others, probably now all of them, there are popup ads on specific words in posts. When your cursor happens to bump one, an ad pops ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I'm Ed and I'm mad...

In this forum and many others, probably now all of them, there are popup ads on specific words in posts. When your cursor happens to bump one, an ad pops up. Generally having nothing what ever to do with the content of the post or even the word.

I don't know about you folks, but that is extremely irritating to me. Tell me what you know about this code and "if" and "how" to "kick it to the curb".

Maybe my best course of action is to boycott the advertizers that use this.

Ed

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello

The best way to reach those in charge of all advertising on the site, or to provide any kind of advertising related feedback, is to utilize the Contact Us link found in the lower-right corner of this page and others on the site. They may or may not see your comments/suggestions if posted on the forum pages.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

FWIW, using an add-on such as Ad-Block Plus can eliminate most, if not all, of the ads that you are referring to.
    Or, if you prefer, add the domain for the advert to your /etc/hosts file.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I'm with you. I find them obnoxious as well.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Hello

The best way to reach those in charge of all advertising on the site, or to provide any kind of advertising related feedback, is to utilize the Contact Us link found in the lower-right corner of this page and others on the site. They may or may not see your comments/suggestions if posted on the forum pages.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will do that. I don't expect it to really help because the advertizing helps pay the bills for the site. I'd personally rather support it directly than having to put up with the pop-ups.

Ed

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I surf with ad block enabled but usually turn it off for sites I use regularly. This site is an unfortunate exception to that rule as the ads are so invasive and intrusive.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent