Find the answer to your Linux question:
I would like to know is Linux Forums website optimized for small screens (net book : 10.1" screen). In my case right side portion is not completely visible and no ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

LinuxForums optimization for small screen

I would like to know is Linux Forums website optimized for small screens (net book : 10.1" screen). In my case right side portion is not completely visible and no scroll bar also. This is the case in Chromium as well as Firefox. Thanks in advance.

ok for me with a ~ 14" screen at 1024 x 768

standard fonts in linux and FF8 are a tad small, a one click (actually or 2 also) zoom in works or is much better,

any more (zoom in) and i start losing the edges, also with no l-r scrollbar,

zoom out (under View in the top left of the menu bar is one way) might work for ya
    Last edited by jonyo; 12-26-2011 at 01:55 PM.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by kgas View Post
    I would like to know is Linux Forums website optimized for small screens (net book : 10.1" screen). In my case right side portion is not completely visible and no scroll bar also.
    Hello, kgas

So far as I know, the site is not particularly optimized for the largest (widescreens) or the smallest (mobile phones) screens, or any size in between. Others have reported problems with navigating the site using their particular screen size in the past, as well as the matter of the missing scrollbars. These issues have all been listed already in our current "bugs or user requests" listing that is found in our private admin forum and are now under discussion, or they are being worked on. You can search the Feedback / Suggestions forum for prior threads regarding these issues that might give you additional information about them.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    just a fwiw report, seems a bit strange when i view this site in opera (or kmeleon), this site alone formats somewhat problematically vs all others being ok

Just Joined!
    Thanks, Ozar.