Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again. I have started getting this message if it takes some time to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh ...

You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.
    I have started getting this message if it takes some time to post a reply to a thread (only noticed it if it's the first thing I am posting after login). This is really annoying because if I refresh the screen my reply is lost ... and that's usually because I have spent some time putting the reply together with links to useful information ...

I can copy the post contents before refreshing the screen but it should not be necessary ... can this be fixed ?

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello, Jonathan

Once logged in, user sessions timeout after 15 minutes have passed and no new pages have been loaded, or reloaded. If this is what is happening, you won't run into that issue if you check the "remember me" checkbox before logging in. Let us know if that fixes it for you.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

Thanks ozar ... remember me does not fix the issue ... I check the box each time I login (usually from the forums page).

oz
    forum.guy
    Johnathan, if you having to check the remember me checkbox at each login, are you sure your browser isn't configured to dump cookies or login information when it's closed?

I've not been able to duplicate the described issue on my end, at least so far, but will keep an eye out for the problem. In the interim, maybe someone else will be able to confirm the problem, and maybe some of the other forum admins will chime in with some thoughts on what could be happening.
    oz

FWIW, my browser does clear cookies and login info on closing.
    I haven't been seeing it happen, either.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Jonathan, if you having to check the remember me checkbox at each login, are you sure your browser isn't configured to dump cookies or login information when it's closed?
    yes I have browser configured to dump cookies on closing ... so I select remember me each time I login. I think session used to timeout unless remember me was selected

Jonathan, do you remember when this actually started happening?
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    I don't ever click the "remember me" box myself, but did so a while ago just so this issue could be tested. I then left my machine for 25 minutes before returning to the still open browser window, and things worked fine. However, I did not have a forum reply opened and pending, so I'll try it again doing it that way this time, then report back.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Okay, having the open window for about 20 minutes made no difference, and I was still unable to duplicate the issue.

While I was away from the computer giving this issue some thought, I might have figured out what's going on. I'm going to make a change in the admin control panel that may fix things. Please give me about 5 minutes, then let us know if it continues to be a problem, or if it stops.

Thanks again for the feedback.
    oz

OK thanks ozar ... I'll let you know if it happens again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast