Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have tried to post my article five times now. Whenever I attempt it, I get this error: Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Article submission error

i have tried to post my article five times now.

Whenever I attempt it, I get this error:

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: right_column in [path]includes/functions.php on line 4316

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]includes/class_bootstrap.php(1366) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]includes/class_bootstrap.php(1366) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]includes/class_bootstrap.php(1366) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]includes/class_bootstrap.php(1366) : eval()'d code on line 5

Warning: ereg_replace() [function.ereg-replace]: REG_BADRPT in /home/www/linuxforums.org/articles/process_article.php on line 29
    Warning!
    Unfortunately, your article submission has failed. This could be due to several factors. In order to prevent loss of future work, we suggest that you write your article using a text editor on your computer, then simply copying and pasting this into our submission page. You can then apply styles using our editing tools as usual.

Please try your submission again.

As you can see, this is a scripting error, and therefore is on the server side of LinuxForums.org.

But just to help with diagnostics, here is my setup:

Chromium Browser (Google Chrome) running on Ubuntu 11.10 under the XFCE desktop environment.

-Denny

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello

I, nor the other forum admins have any control over that part of the website, but the best way to reach those that do is to use the Contact Us link found in the lower-right corner of this page, and others:

Contact Us - Linux Forums

They should be able to help you with getting the described issue straightened out. You can reference this thread so that you don't have to re-enter all the above information.

Sorry for the frustration, but thanks for the feedback.
    oz

Thank you for the Submissions and also thank you for the feedback. Hopefully the Forum website team can get this fixed as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvienence.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Thanks Oz...

Just as a side note for anyone who is interested, I got the same error making the attempt with firefox.

-Denny

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by capngloval View Post
    Just as a side note for anyone who is interested, I got the same error making the attempt with firefox.
    Okay, thanks for the added info. I've just used to the Contact Us link to report this issue as well, so with both of us reporting it perhaps it will be fixed right away. Thanks again for the feedback.

Update Edit (01-29-2012): just wanted to let you know that I've received word from one of the site devs that he is looking into this issue.
    Last edited by oz; 01-29-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello, capngloval

It's been a little more than 4 weeks, and I've not heard anything more from anyone regarding this issue so I'm going to mark your thread "SOLVED", but please feel free to start a new thread or reopen this one should the issue reappear on your end.

Thank you.
    oz