Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Problem is definitely tied to the Verizon add. OF the last 8 attempts, the first and last had no ad, and worked, but 6x in a row the Verizon ad ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Problem is definitely tied to the Verizon add. OF the last 8 attempts, the first and last had no ad, and worked, but 6x in a row the Verizon ad poped up, and on those times I got a gray box and couldn't reply.
    Registered Linux user #526930

oz
    forum.guy
    To test this, I totally disabled adblock and pulled up this post reply box about 10 times in a row with no problems at all, so I'm still not certain what's going on.

Do you by chance have a different machine close by that you could test it from?
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    I keep trying and reloading pages, but can't seem to get the verizon ad to show up.

Is it a pop-up ad, or a banner ad, and where does it show up?
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Okay, I finally saw the Verizon ad, but it didn't seem to affect me. I'll keep trying, though.
    oz

The verizon ad show up to the right of the linux forums logo at the top of the page. I just remembered that I added the TVGuide bookmark last night. Removed it and will see if that was the problem.

TVGuide not the problem.

oz
    forum.guy
    Out of 50 to 60 tries, I've only seen the Verizon ad once and it didn't seem to have any affect on me, and things are still working fine. Until the issue starts affecting others, I'm not even sure we can conclude that the problem definitely lies with the website.

I'll keep an eye open for the issue as I'm on the forums, and maybe someone else will confirm the bug if it starts impacting them. I'll also send a note to the ad guys to see if they can check things out on their end.
    oz

On another windows computer in the office with IE. Have tried a couple of dozen times, and don't ever get the verizon ad on this computer/browser combination.

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello, MASONTX... I've now used the Contact Us link to advise those that setup any ads about the issue you are experiencing, and I've referenced this thread so they can see all the related details.

Please feel free to add any additional information that you might come across regarding the problem.

Thanks again for all the feedback.
    oz

Tried IE on the original computer, and again, the Verizon ad fails to appear in a dozen tries.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast