Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Hey, one other thing you could try is disabling any browser plugins/add-ons you have installed to see what happens because they can sometimes cause some strange issues....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Hey, one other thing you could try is disabling any browser plugins/add-ons you have installed to see what happens because they can sometimes cause some strange issues.
    oz

Under firefox, went into tools.options. and cleared cookies then checked tell advertisers I do not want to be tracked. Last 15 tries have worked fine, so hopefully that solves the problem.
    Registered Linux user #526930

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MASONTX View Post
    Under firefox, went into tools.options. and cleared cookies then checked tell advertisers I do not want to be tracked. Last 15 tries have worked fine, so hopefully that solves the problem.
    Yeah, that seems like an odd fix, but I hope it works for you. Let us know if it doesn't.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello, MASONTX

... for whatever it's worth to you (or to anyone that might be trying to diagnose the problem), I was back and forth between Linux and Windows boxes all day today in different locations, and I was never able to reproduce the issue that you describe on any machine, at any location, and that was using Firefox 9.0.1 on some machines, and version 10.0 on others.

Hope it's no longer a problem on your end.
    oz

It worked the rest of the night on my work computer, and doesn't seem to be happening on my home computer. Only thing I can figure is that it was 1 particular targeted ad about verizon cell phones that caused the problem. When I got rid of the cookies and checked don't track, the targeted ad disappeared and I only got normal ads from that point on. The ad in question had a lot of movement and changing images in it that may have choked my work computer.
    Registered Linux user #526930

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello, MASONTX

I know this issue is being looked into, and that it appears to be solved for you, but if it should happen again we need a screenshot of the issue and the ad that you think is causing it, if you can get one for us.

Thank you.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello, MASONTX!

It's been a little more than 3 weeks, and I've not heard anything more from anyone regarding this issue so I'm going to mark your thread "SOLVED", but please feel free to start a new thread or reopen this one should the issue reappear on your end.

Thank you.
    oz

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4