Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
I have been having trouble getting reply to post to work. It comes up, but the whole field is grey, no white box. I tried "Find the answer", and when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Can't post thread

I have been having trouble getting reply to post to work. It comes up, but the whole field is grey, no white box. I tried "Find the answer", and when I came back I had a white box to post in.
    Registered Linux user #526930

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, MasonTX

I hit the reply button to reply to your post just now and no problem on my end, but I'll keep an eye out for the issue and play around with it some to see if I can duplicate the problem. Maybe some of the others will also reply if they are seeing the same thing as you.

Thanks for the feedback on this.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MASONTX View Post
    Can't post thread

I have been having trouble getting reply to post to work. It comes up, but the whole field is grey, no white box. I tried "Find the answer", and when I came back I had a white box to post in.
    Wait... I just went back and read your post again and now I'm confused. Are you saying that you can't post a new thread, like the title of this thread says, or are you saying that you can't reply to a thread?

Also, what is "Find the answer"?

Sorry for the confusion...
    oz

Also, what is "Find the answer"?
    I think he was referring to the Search box above:
    Find the answer to your Linux question:
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    Thanks, Mike... yeah, that's probably it.

I totally forgot about that search box because it's blocked on my end since I never use it.
    oz

I kept trying, and it suddenly started working, sort of. I typed out a reply on this thread, but didn't post it, used a different window to type a reply to a different thread. When I came back to this one, the box was gray again. I closed the window and opened a new one, came to this thread and hit reply, and had a white box again. I don't know if this is solved or just an intermittent problem now. Whether I hit the reply in the gray bar at the bottom of the last reply or the yellow reply at the bottom of the page doesn't seem to make any difference. I am on my work computer (windows, firefox browser).

oz
    forum.guy
    Okay, thanks for the additional feedback. I've kept posting here and there, trying to duplicate the issue, but so far I'm still not seeing it.

Are you sure the page is fully loaded when you are seeing these issues?

If there is a problem with your connection be slow or intermittent, maybe all elements haven't fully loaded yet. Just guessing, though.
    oz

Just tried perhaps 10 times to post reply, no luck. Now working again. Yes, the page is fully loaded. Windows firewall is off, anti virus on. Private message didn't work either. It seems to either work or not, with no predictability. I have tried clicking on email message to go to post then hitting reply, and going to linux forum>Feedback>this thread>reply, with equal results.

oz
    forum.guy
    Since I'm unable to reproduce it on my end and nobody else is reporting the same (at least yet), it's a difficult thing to diagnose.

You might try clearing your browser cache and cookies then logging in again to see if that helps. You could also try toggling any adblockers OFF and ON to see if it changes the issue.
    oz

Cleaned temporary files, cookies, saved passwords, and it is working for this post. Now to see if it works 2 or 3 times in a row.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast