Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm just starting to learn about Linux. How can I update my Profile on this forum? One of my Good Friends introduced me to Linux on his computer. His knowledge ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New to Linux Forum: Can I update my Profile?

I'm just starting to learn about Linux.

How can I update my Profile on this forum?

One of my Good Friends introduced me to Linux on his computer. His knowledge was Way Over my non-Linux head. I want to learn about Linux because it's NOT Windows.

I'm starting here not knowing anything about Linux, so I'm sure I'll ask stupid questions, that "everybody" knows the answer to. Is there a "Basic Linux" forum where I can Learn w/o offending experienced Linux guys?

Thanks!

MLStrand56

Hello and Welcome.
    You can change your settings and profile from the top right corner of the forums, where it says
    Settings My Profile Notifications Log out
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Thanks!!!

I'm Undated now.

Quote Originally Posted by MLStrand56 View Post
    I'm starting here not knowing anything about Linux, so I'm sure I'll ask stupid questions, that "everybody" knows the answer to. Is there a "Basic Linux" forum where I can Learn w/o offending experienced Linux guys?
    Welcome aboard!

We all started off not knowing anything. So juat ask your questions, and don't worry about anybody getting "offended".
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Welcome to the forum. Newbie forum is a good place to start, or if you have a specific question about say "wireless" you can ask in that forum. We were all new once, so we try not to take offence at "dumb questions". It will help though if you google your question first, and list anything you have tried, your computer specs and the distro version you are running. Have fun, and ask questions when you have them.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Quote Originally Posted by MLStrand56 View Post
    if you find one, let me know, tons of good folks out there tho