Find the answer to your Linux question:
I thought the advertising on this site was intrusive before, but this new billboard-style advertising is beyond annoying. A large advertisement appearing every time a new display is opened, whether ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

billboard advertising

I thought the advertising on this site was intrusive before, but this new billboard-style advertising is beyond annoying. A large advertisement appearing every time a new display is opened, whether it be a new tab, opening a thread, opening a post, or opening a reply or start new thread display, that only goes away when the Close button is clicked, is ridiculous.

It is easy to put up with small advertisements on the side of the screen, since they are not intrusive and are beneficial in regard to raising revenue. But large, in-your-face ads re-appearing every time a mouse button is clicked, is obnoxious. The administrators may want to re-consider that foolish move.

Thanks for your feedback, sir. As with all things that the Mods and TP's have no control over, I suggest that you use the "Contact Us" link to get to those in charge of such things. I like to think the member feedback helps even if it doesn't directly lead to the changes requested. Again, thanks for the feedback and we hope it leads to a solution for you.

EDIT: I have already forwarded this thread to the contact us link. You may also if you feel like it.
    Last edited by MikeTbob; 05-20-2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: See EDIT:
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I agree with Randicus. If you would change it so that once you close it once, it doesn't reappear each page opening that session, it would help.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Guess I fired too quick. The offending ad from yesterday didn't appear today. Thanks admin.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Just Joined!
    Advertisement is not complete without billboard , i think it is the best way to market our product therefore a small company and also multinational companies follow the same path to advertise their product. Also billboards are very popular way to convey massage to other peoples.