Find the answer to your Linux question:
Today I could not log in using Links. I got the "Thank you for logging in" message, so it's not a password problem, but when I clicked to redirect (Links ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Problem logging on

Today I could not log in using Links. I got the "Thank you for logging in" message, so it's not a password problem, but when I clicked to redirect (Links does not do redirections automatically), it seemed to log me off again. This happened this morning and again just now. It has never happened to me before.

I am currently logged in using Firefox, but I hate using it. Once you're used to Links, FF simply crawls. Has something changed? If so, it's not for the better!
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"

oz
    forum.guy
    Good day, hazel

The only thing I know of that has changed recently is a security update was installed and the vbulletin software has been upgraded. So far, you are the only member reporting this issue, but perhaps other Links users will chime in with their own login details if there is a bug preventing user logins. In the interim, we'll keep an eye out for any problems.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

It still hasn't been fixed. I am having to use FF again and I'm extremely annoyed. I thought Linux was supposed to be about choice! Why can't I choose to use my favorite browser on a Linux forum site?

oz
    forum.guy
    Sometimes, website developers fail to test all the different browser options on their own website, and that might be what has happened here. Not being involved with the development of this site, I can't really say for sure one way or the other, but hopefully those that are will fix the issue right away. I'll use the Contact Us link to forward an alert regarding your feedback to the site developers and you can do the same if you wish.

Thanks again for the feedback.
    oz

I decided I should try Links to see what it has to offer and I really like this browser. Its simple and fast. I also had the same problem but I thought I would give it a try. Awesome browser for a server.

I got the same problem with login using links. Although some information is displayed indicating I am not logged in I can view my settings page ...Ed: it let me edit this post in links !

If it helps at all with the troubleshooting, I have no issues... but I don't use Links.
    But all is well with FF13, SeaMonkey, and even Dillo.

Maybe that will help narrow it down a bit.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Hey, I can post after all! It looks as if I'm not logged on but actually I am. Weird!

[edit]Now it finally looks as if I am logged on. It seems to change after you do the first post. Doubly weird!

oz
    forum.guy
    All the info provided should help those working to fix any login issues.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!
    oz

It's been fixed! Thank you everybody!