Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just got about 3 or 4 emails from "Advertising Partners" of this site. I don't remember opting in for that. I haven't visited much as of late because of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mass Email/Spam

I just got about 3 or 4 emails from "Advertising Partners" of this site. I don't remember opting in for that.

I haven't visited much as of late because of all the intrusive ads and I really can't go to many places because of the ads (I surf a lot on my Android phone and my Android tablet) but it is nice when I finally get there.

This was the last straw. I unsubscribed from your spam.

I am considering deleting my account just so I won't have to come back, fight the ads, and unsubscribe from something else.

On my desktop and laptop, I surf with adblock on.

I run a few sites (including some vBulletin sites), and I understand you have to make money, but this is getting near rediculous.

One more thing, the new post and preview windows are about 1/3 of the page, I assume because of the ad placement and the sheer amount of the ads. It is all scrunched in the middle.

Thanks for the good times and the friends I have met.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, gruven

Sorry but as always, I nor the forum moderators have any control whatsoever over any type of advertising for LinuxForums.org, so if you want to make sure those who do see your feedback, you will need to use the Contact Us found in the lower-right corner of this page, and others.

Thank you.
    oz

Yeah I know oz, was just venting a little bit. I didn't expect an answer, just had to get it out.

You guys really do a good job, and thanks for listening to us complain, lol.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry

oz
    forum.guy
    Note that I did use the Contact Us link to submit a quick alert regarding your comments to those in charge of all advertising, but you can always do the same should you with to do so.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz