Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, this is just out of plain curosity, but I noticed the main website is powered by PHPbb? Hows that? I know it's a forum software, and I've seen some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Main Website

Hey, this is just out of plain curosity, but I noticed the main website is powered by PHPbb?

Hows that? I know it's a forum software, and I've seen some PHPBB CMS hacks, what is this one running out of interest.

Just pretty cool, it fits in together rather nicely.
    I use Xoops personally.

Also as a bit of feedback, the top buttons where "Search, Profile, Logout" etc are, they overlap, at least in Firefox on Windows.

Have a good one ppl.

~Finchwizard~

Linux Guru

Re: Main Website

Quote Originally Posted by finchwizard
    Hey, this is just out of plain curosity, but I noticed the main website is powered by PHPbb?
    Yes

Hows that? I know it's a forum software, and I've seen some PHPBB CMS hacks, what is this one running out of interest.
    No CMS hacks. I presume your talking about the news thing? ( http://www.linuxforums.org/news/ ) - that was custom written by me.

Just pretty cool, it fits in together rather nicely.
    Thanks

Also as a bit of feedback, the top buttons where "Search, Profile, Logout" etc are, they overlap, at least in Firefox on Windows.
    I am aware that if you increase the default font size then that may happen, but on standard font sizes it shouldnt. If your running standard font sizes can you email me a screenshot and let me know what version of firefox your using? >> jasonlambert1@yahoo.com much appriciated

Ah k, yeah, I think I scrolled down a size in font in Firefox

So that'd be the problem.

Ah nice, I thought it was a CMS type thing with the menus on the side to different places and the logins up the top etc.

Anyway, very nicely done, love website *Thumps up*

Have a good one
    ~Finchwizard~