Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
That gives me a weirs result. The text box zooms, but the font stays the same. Thanks for the help. I guess I'll just have to get used to small ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

That gives me a weirs result. The text box zooms, but the font stays the same. Thanks for the help. I guess I'll just have to get used to small fonts or arrowing side to side. Oh the joys of growing older, print is smaller, people mumble more, things are heavier, and the floor is farther away.
    MikeTbob likes this.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Quote Originally Posted by MASONTX View Post
    That gives me a weirs result. The text box zooms, but the font stays the same. Thanks for the help. I guess I'll just have to get used to small fonts or arrowing side to side. Oh the joys of growing older, print is smaller, people mumble more, things are heavier, and the floor is farther away.
    LOL that was funny. Father time catches up with the best of us.
    I guess you could also try changing the resolution on your video card or monitor.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I still cannot post urls, but if you use chromium or chrome, just go in the Chrome Webstore and get 'Zoom All'. With 110% zoom you can read easily everything

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MASONTX View Post
    Fonts for old farts

I must be getting to be an old fart, because I have increasing problems seeing the small fonts on the posts. Is there a way, or could an option be made available, to set font size in user preferences? 8, 10, and even 12 point fonts, on some days, are just too small. Thanks.
    MASONTX, sorry that I never was able to come up with any solutions for you on this issue.

There are lots of senior citizens using computers these days, so you'd think that by now someone would have put together an FFOF fonts package (Fonts-For-Old-Farts) that could be installed to clear up any such issues for weary-eyed users!
    oz

As long as we're above ground, things slowly deteriorate. When we go in the ground, then they deteriorate really fast. All things considered, I'll take slowly worsening eyesight to the alternative.

Some distros allow setting global font size. I know in MacPUP E17 I can for font size in menus

More info on the menu's .

To adjust the size of the fonts in the menus, open the settings panel, under the look tab select scaling . Adjust the DPI or set a custom scaling factor under advanced .Usually a custom factor of 1.10x is good.
    But that is for Enlightenment E17 Desktop.

Global Font size fix for Mint Mate below

https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-desktop/issues/12
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    The Ctrl + Mousewheel is the proper way to zoom in Firefox. The horizontal scrolling is caused by a strange CSS choice in the LFo theme.If you install the Stylish plugin and then write a new blank style and past the following code into the editor box, give it a name and save and if necessary apply it, you should no longer have horizontal scrolling.
    Code:
    @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
    @-moz-document domain("linuxforums.org") {
    	body {
    		min-width: 0 !important;
    	}
    }
    Last edited by elija; 10-05-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

Thanks everyone for the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2