Find the answer to your Linux question:
I logged into answer a post - but while submitting it again asked me to login again. I did that. When I clicked unanswered post and again my session is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Angry annoying login issues.

I logged into answer a post - but while submitting it again asked me to login again. I did that. When I clicked unanswered post and again my session is lost .To post this thread I logged in again, If you check my db records in past 5 minutes, you may see 5 or 6 logins !!! Its really annoying to login multiple times.Some problem with php sessions or browser issues? Any else seen this issue?

I'm using Firefox-12 with Fedora-17.

Edit: After pressing 'Submit' - I had to login again..Errrrr
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Are you doing anything funky with cookies?

Do you tick the remember me box when logging in?

Also shifted to feedback in case the devs are looking in
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    Are you doing anything funky with cookies?
    No, I'm not blocking cookies or something..all other site like Facebook/twitter/quora accounts are fine.
    Do you tick the remember me box when logging in?
    No I haven't used remember me box in my previous attempts/login,now I tried that , Its better ! thanks for the tips
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I too find linux forums login flaky, especially on a mobile device.I understand the necessity of ads; and they often make login impossible (the only way to get did of them! )
    Often the labels 'username' and 'password' fail to disappear and send up apended to what I type.

Jus' sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by polypagan View Post
    I too find linux forums login flaky, especially on a mobile device.I understand the necessity of ads; and they often make login impossible (the only way to get did of them! )
    Often the labels 'username' and 'password' fail to disappear and send up apended to what I type.

Jus' sayin'.
    Other members have mentioned similar issues/complaints concerning mobile site layouts in the past.
    I would advise using the Contact Us link at the bottom of all Forum pages. That way, the admins in charge of the layout will be sure to see your thoughts or suggestions.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi View Post
    No, I'm not blocking cookies or something..all other site like Facebook/twitter/quora accounts are fine.

No I haven't used remember me box in my previous attempts/login,now I tried that , Its better ! thanks for the tips
    Yea, the 'remember me' box is the key to fewer troubled logins, and of course it's always nice to be remembered...
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Yea, the 'remember me' box is the key to fewer troubled logins, and of course it's always nice to be remembered...
    hihi - but i think If i login from other places - I'll skip 'remember me' in those cases it creates a lot of issue. And also any new user trying to login - there is 50-50 chance,they won't use
    remember me option. Most likely they won't login if there normal login itself didn't work. Say for example,until elija pointed out this , I wasn't trying with that option!
    -----

Thanks for the feedback, Lakshmipathi.
    You bring up a valid point about new users not knowing about the "remember me" button. It's something that had not been thought of, I think. I've started a discussion with the admin team to help decide if we should notify all new users of this. We'll discuss it and hopefully come to a good decision.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

thanks MikeTbob for taking up the issue with admin team !
    -----