Find the answer to your Linux question:
On the Settings > Edit Email & Password page, the section of the form for "New Email" states it is both optional and for "new" email addresses. This is not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Changing password

On the Settings > Edit Email & Password page, the section of the form for "New Email" states it is both optional and for "new" email addresses. This is not true. To change your password, you must enter something in those fields, even if you are not changing your email address (enter current address instead). This should be fixed by either rewording the form, or making those fields non-mandatory.

Good handle!
    Welcome!
    "What you think about me is none of my business"

Quote Originally Posted by Piddly View Post
    On the Settings > Edit Email & Password page, the section of the form for "New Email" states it is both optional and for "new" email addresses. This is not true. To change your password, you must enter something in those fields, even if you are not changing your email address (enter current address instead). This should be fixed by either rewording the form, or making those fields non-mandatory.
    No idea what you're talking about.... You have to give details there are a lot of Linux distros, that have multiple desktops, that have different app's and config' tools. So you need to be specific.

Welcome, how'd you like the Blue pill?

Just Joined!
    I'm referring to this website, not my system.

I think there might me a time delay before change can be made, but not sure. Just click the "Contact Us" link on bottom of page and send the webadmin a message sure they can help you.

Just Joined!
    I successfully changed my password. That wasn't the problem. I was just pointing out that in order to do so I had to enter my current email address in the Edit Email Address (Optional) fields.

You already entered an email addy for this Forum during registration... right?
    So verification of the same email address for a password change shouldn't be an issue.
    Right?
    I've done the same thing after forgetting a password.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    I was only pointing out that something labeled as optional is not really optional. I don't know if you would consider that an issue or not.

Well... considering that you already have a password.... it's an option to change it. But have to provide some verification.
    So..... yeah. It's not an issue.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.