Find the answer to your Linux question:
hmm Jason i dont think their should be a negative option of being helpful. Often you can take a stap at a problem and know its got like a 0.0000000001% ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Helpful?

hmm Jason i dont think their should be a negative option of being helpful.
    Often you can take a stap at a problem and know its got like a 0.0000000001% chance of sorting the problem, but it could work, and it may be the only help the user is getting.

We cant exactly answer questions perfectly, But we can as best to our abilitys.

And then say we are helpful in some subjects, but arnt in others but try, then it shouldnt be taked away from us....

just my thought

i do kinda secound this only because it is too hard to figure out if '-' votes are because it truly didnt help or wasn't that persons best day or it wasnt tried b4 something else worked...because we all know that in linux there are many ways to do the samething! and just because a post got a negative dosnt mean that it wasnt made with the best intentions...... this might backfire in the end if ppl become afraid that the ansaawer they give might get a negative rating and may not give that ansawer because it is on the boarder of working or not.
    though the '+' marks are still good to have(but one without the other???) what is the best for the site is the way to do it in the end.

though it would be nice to see that posts that wernt thought of as helpfull but in the end that might be a can of worms in itself.(not to know who gave the negitive mark(though it prob wouldnt be hard to figure out so that could be bad)) but to simply be able to look at the post with the negitive mark would be helpful so as not to do that again and thus learn from it

the only thing i wanted to know with the negitive marks was which posts were they...it's like taxation without representation....

Just a thought.
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Just Joined!
    You must not be disapointed in having negative feedback... You need to understand that certain people need to put others down to feel good...

You should be proud to be here to help others, and shouldnt feel bad at all.

This word "helpfull" doesnt reflect in ANY matter your helpfullness... many people on this site have countless amount of post only helping others... It doesnt reflect your helpfullness at all... it is of no use whatsoever to you if your only goal is to help...

Dont get mad nor frustrated... simply dont look at it...

If this "yes/no" reflected real intention, each post would be considered a yes! Since all you wanted, was to actually help!!!...

Anyway, I could write a book on this but I'll stop here since it's futile and shouldnt be a question that we ask ourselves... (are we or not)

If your posting on this site other then to ask a question, the AUTOMATIC answer is YES you are helpfull!

Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner... ~ Ugo Deschamps
    if you are simply here to help, you are a great spirit... giving away time and knowledge... none should forget the essence of this!

Banned
    i just feel that the fact that i or any1 else is out there trying to help others and yet we are gettin negatives for trying,

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by the_guy_dressed_in_black
    i just feel that the fact that i or any1 else is out there trying to help others and yet we are gettin negatives for trying,
    Read carefully what I've written

Feel good about yourself...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAkira
    Quote Originally Posted by the_guy_dressed_in_black
    Read carefully what I've written

Feel good about yourself...
    i do but i feel that jason should address this, and was trying to repost and explain a bit better

This has already been addressed in the original thread about the Karma system. I'm locking this one.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy