Find the answer to your Linux question:
i thought that it would be a good idea if each thread had a [solved] or [unsolved] status (and solved can also be NA i supose) . that way you ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

thread suggestion

i thought that it would be a good idea if each thread had a [solved] or [unsolved] status (and solved can also be NA i supose) . that way you can tell who still needs help instead of just checking up on recent and unanswered threads.

what do you think?

Linux Guru
    It's been suggested before; unfortunatly its not really practical due to the amount of people power needed to keep it running, especially as the forum is getting bigger and bigger.

Just Joined!
    Now wait. I think this is a good idea, and it could be implemented. The "solved" option could be available to the original poster, and to moderaters. Just make a little check box of some sort, then press post.

After that, "[solved]" could be appended to the title. It's a great idea. :)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Yes its a good idea, but it just wont work out without a massive massive moderator input to go through every thread and mark them as solved when the original poster a) cant be bothered or b) doesnt know the feature exists

I have to side with Jason on this one. Although it's a good idea, it would be near impossible for someone like Dolda for example (7500+ posts) to go through every thread they created and review whether or not it was resolved. Good idea, hard to implement.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Newbie
    It woulnt have to be rectroactive tho, you could just start it now and have it for all posts since the feature was enabled.

Linux Guru
    It still wouldnt work without lots and lots of people power.

I've listened to the suggestion and the points put forward - as I do with all suggestions. I've considered it carefully, but this one im afraid just is not going to happen, sorry.