Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
At what time/idle does LFDO automaticaly terminate your session? I was working on a public terminal (obviously did not use autologin) and noticed that I was re-entering username and pass ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Automatic Session

At what time/idle does LFDO automaticaly terminate your session? I was working on a public terminal (obviously did not use autologin) and noticed that I was re-entering username and pass every now and then. @ home i never noticed as I was automaticaly logged back in, (but its was definatly the cause of my dissapering unread post problems) Just so I can be aware.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Linux Guru
    Session length is 60 minutes.

Jason

Is it idle for 60 minutes, or sixty minutes flat? Cos it seems that I've had active sessions where my posts have been kept all day.

Linux Guru
    60 minutes idle

Exclamation

Rather than write a new post, I'm pulling this one up out of the past as a reference...

I appreciate the effort that been made to reduce problems since this site changed over to vBulletin - honest, I really do - a lot has been done. But there is one particular thing that has really been bugging me tremendously - and I have tried to be as patient as I can possibly be...

"I spend half my time logging back in..."

It appears like the idle time limit has been changed from 60 minutes to something like 5 (maybe 15 at the most?) - I can think of at least one reason why the site might want to place such a limit - but, in light of the fact that I cannot view the site (using my personal settings) without being logged in, don't you think you could "up" the limit a bit?

Sometimes it takes more than a few minutes to answer a post. I get really tired of writing up a post, press "submit" - only to find out I have been logged out. And this happens often while answering a post within a few minutes of logging in...

It seems as though you can read a thread all day long -- but if you should leave your browser on a forum index page or if you are posting (editing a reply, etc.) - then you have [what seems like] about five minutes before you are [forced] logged out.

And then, when you click on "Log Out", you are asked if you are sure?

Why is it so important to log people out so quickly?

Don't you think you could "up" the limit a bit?
    I was logged out while writing this post!

Don't you think you could "up" the limit a bit?
    I would apreciate any and all consideration that could be given to this issue...

Thank You

Which brings me to another issue...

On the old system, if your browser happened to crash (or even if you manually killed it) - you could start up another and your session would still be intact. You were still logged in, and you could continue... (at least from the page of the initial entry point onto the site)

All of this (I am assuming) because the site monitors your IP address...

Incidently, you could open as many brower processes you wanted - and they all would "recognize" you (same connection, same IP address, etc.) -- this still occurs (for obvious reasons) - what about the other (above)?

Protections are good -- but extreme inconvienence is not... Where is the balance?

Anybody had a chance to look into this stuff, yet?

Is there anybody else on these forums who ever gets logged out pre-maturely?

I would really appreciate knowing about your experience with this problem...

Thanks!

Linux User
    I think it's fixed now, can you try again?

Unhappy

Is there anybody else on these forums who ever gets logged out pre-maturely?

I would really appreciate knowing about your experience with this problem...

Thanks!
    Sorry, not fixed yet - still happening...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast