Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by zachtib I was thinking that there should be a "Other" Section under distro for some of the less common distro questions, or If distro doesn't pertain to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by zachtib
    I was thinking that there should be a "Other" Section under distro for some of the less common distro questions, or If distro doesn't pertain to the question
    That kinda comes under all the other sections eg Network, Applications topics probably. If there was a section for other distro's, there's not really be a need for the rest of the sections.

Though maybe J will think this is a good idea.....?
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Linux Newbie
    Why did you pick lormalinux?
    You dont need a pocket protector or thick glasses to be a geek.

Quote Originally Posted by sdousley
    Quote Originally Posted by zachtib
    I was thinking that there should be a "Other" Section under distro for some of the less common distro questions, or If distro doesn't pertain to the question
    That kinda comes under all the other sections eg Network, Applications topics probably. If there was a section for other distro's, there's not really be a need for the rest of the sections.

Though maybe J will think this is a good idea.....?
    That's what I think. Pretty much what we have now is a few distro-specific sections and a lot of categorized, non-distro-specific sections that should fit the needs of any fringe distros out there.

Jason has mentioned that once the new version of phpbb comes out it will allow him a lot more flexibility in creating forums (such as subsections of forums, more forums in general, etc). There are improvements in the wind.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Guru
    My official statement on this topic:

To clarify: no more distro specific forum sections are being added at this time, pending the release of phpBB3 (and our subsequent upgrade). phpBB3 has proper sub-forums support which will allow us to have lots more sections without each section using up a relativly large chunk of the page.

If I had added every distro requested to date, the forum index would be a massively long page by now.

This does not mean we dont support or welcome questions for those distributions that are not listed..
    we welcome support questions for all distributions of GNU/Linux, you are welcome to ask them in the general forums, newbie, hardware, installation etc
    I don't think that creating a distro forum for "Other" is a good idea either, questions relating to distros we dont have specific forum sections for can go in the existing general sections but thanks for the suggestion.

J

Linux User

Re: I'm gonna have to leave.... Sniff :(

Quote Originally Posted by poetfreak
    You don't have a section for the Distro I am using LormaLinux 2005 www.lormalinux.org
    http://linux.lorma.edu/main/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2