Find the answer to your Linux question:
I happen to be an avid PPC linux guy and I know there are many who use alternate to x86 platforms as well would a forum dedicated to these alternatives ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

area for non x86 ports

I happen to be an avid PPC linux guy and I know there are many who use alternate to x86 platforms as well

would a forum dedicated to these alternatives be possible...

as well as maybe even PDA's ??

as I will be needing advise in the future about when I buy an Ipaq to install linux on

thanks

I happen to also have an old mac that ive been planning on getting linux on for almsot a year now (wow... perhaps i should get off my arse and dl those gentoo ppc isos...) and would use such a forum. HOwever, we are pending a forum software upgrade that will allow us to add more forums, but now, we are currently not able to add any more due to restictions in phpBB.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

I don't think division by architecture is a good idea personally. Linuxes work the same regardless of the CPU they're on so it's best to sort by their underlying system (Debian-based, RPM-based, Source-based) etc, in my opinion. I also don't think there would be enough traffic to warrant an entire section on Linux for PDAs. Of course, I'm not Jason, so that's just my 2 cents.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Guru
    No more forum sections are being added at this time, pending the release of phpBB3 (and our subsequent upgrade). phpBB3 has proper sub-forums support which will allow us to have lots more sections without each section using up a relativly large chunk of the page.

If I had added every distro requested to date, the forum index would be a massively long page by now.

This does not mean we dont support or welcome questions for those distributions that are not listed..
    we welcome support questions for all distributions of GNU/Linux, you are welcome to ask them in the general forums, newbie, hardware, installation etc
    J.