Find the answer to your Linux question:
Many of the posts I've read seem to be from people using Linux on their own computer. So they don't have to face problems like not being able to write ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Could we please have a forum for terminal users?

Many of the posts I've read seem to be from people using Linux on their own computer. So they don't have to face problems like not being able to write in /usr/local, maybe not being root at all, etc.

They have solutions like "update", "reinstall", etc which are forbidden to us.

I think we could help each other by sharing our experiences, and support each other morally by talking about how hopeless our sysadmins and "support" people are . Only joking, my "support" people are actually quite nice, it's just that they're so busy they are usually not available... And they finish work around 5 while everybody knows that you always need support at night or during weekends .

Please consider it.

Mariane

I understand where your coming from however jason explained the reason for no more forums Here but the it looks like in the future this may be possible, so don't give up hope! His exact response is as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlambert
    My official statement on this topic:

To clarify: no more distro specific forum sections are being added at this time, pending the release of phpBB3 (and our subsequent upgrade). phpBB3 has proper sub-forums support which will allow us to have lots more sections without each section using up a relativly large chunk of the page.

If I had added every distro requested to date, the forum index would be a massively long page by now.

This does not mean we dont support or welcome questions for those distributions that are not listed..
    we welcome support questions for all distributions of GNU/Linux, you are welcome to ask them in the general forums, newbie, hardware, installation etc
    I don't think that creating a distro forum for "Other" is a good idea either, questions relating to distros we dont have specific forum sections for can go in the existing general sections but thanks for the suggestion.

Linux Enthusiast
    I don't think we need a special forum for this kind of thing.The person with
    the problem only needs to specify that they don't have root privileges
    so that any proposed solution can take that into account.

scm
    Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa's little helper
    I don't think we need a special forum for this kind of thing.The person with the problem only needs to specify that they don't have root privileges so that any proposed solution can take that into account.
    I agree. It's a case of asking the right question to get you the right answer.