Find the answer to your Linux question:
when creating a thread, the subject text box should only allow you to type in as many characters as will be displayed i.e. with maxlength="50". I got the last 9 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

thread subject length

when creating a thread, the subject text box should only allow you to type in as many characters as will be displayed i.e. with maxlength="50". I got the last 9 characters of a subject chopped off, now no-one will understand what I'm talking about , and they will all kill me because people always fear what they don't understand - haven't you seen frankenstein? look what you caused.... if I'm dead tomorrow it's your fault.

Linux Guru
    Hiya,

There was a maxlength of 60 before, but I've increased the maxlength of topic titles to 100 now which should make life easier for longer subject lines.

Jason

Just Joined!
    I was fine with the 50 limit, what i meant was that the text box in the form lets you type in 60 characters, but only 50 show up when you submit. would it be something to do with the database or the php script?
    did you mean that you have fixed this? sorry about the frankenstein cr* p, I was kind of tired.

P.S. are there REALLY 13 year olds on here? there are some times when I've just been aching to swear for emphasis, but apparently there's 13 yo's on here.

EDIT: errr... is cr*p alright? i've blanked it out just in case. they'll never know what word that is now - it could be crop, or crip, or crup....