Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I would just like to say thanks to all who work on and support linux forums. You have all done a great job with this site, and it is by ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hats off to all who work and support linux forums!

I would just like to say thanks to all who work on and support linux forums. You have all done a great job with this site, and it is by far one of the best resources for linux knowledge EVER!! Other sites such as TLDP offer a great wealth of book knowledge for linux, but doesn't really help with the day to day issues people like me run into. I would also like to thank all of the Trusted Guru's for doing their job in helping everyone out.

i agree....... this has been the best forums i have been apart of for a long time. even though this is a linux forum, you all still seem to help with windows as well. i really appreciate it. kudos to everyone that works on this site, and is apart of this site.

Linux Newbie
    "Linux people are good people"

So true, I spend more time on this site than any other, ever. And the people here will help you out, even when you ask way too many questions that seem trivial. Hats of to everybody and a banana:
    There is no problem so complicated that you cannot find a very simple answer to it if you look at it in the right way

Linux Guru
    Cool!
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

I also commend those who are involved and work on the linux forums. The quality of this the board is truly top notch. Before I attempted linux I heard a lot about how linux guys were jerks and arrogant. I cetainly found this on some other boards, but not here. Give yourself a couple nanners!...
    "If you are out to describe the truth leave elegance to the tailor."
    -Einstein

I agree this forum is a great place for information. Thanks to the staff and moderators that make this place the best it can be

Linux Engineer
    (if (equalp 'lfdo-rocks post) (1+ postcount))

(i'm a bit of a cynical _______)
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by lordnothing
    (if (equalp 'lfdo-rocks post) (1+ postcount))

(i'm a bit of a cynical _______)
    Well wherever you see that many bananas...

Having said that I too am very appreciative of the forum. I have at various times been a member of other boards, but the level of friendliness is nowhere near here. Plus thankfully I have not yet seen anyone here soliciting for donations for their advice. I mean of all places on a god damn Free Software forum...

Plus thankfully I have not yet seen anyone here soliciting for donations for their advice. I mean of all places on a god damn Free Software forum... Rolling Eyes
    Off-topic, but do you mean to say that on other forums there are people who solicit money for advice.

It seems like that would take the fun out of using and learning the OS I love.

On-topic, we have a truly great group of moderators here.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Linux User
    Well done, chaps. Cookies all round!
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast