Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Originally Posted by Flatline It's disconcerting that the linux executable is an .exe file. yeah, that always bothers be a little, but in the end, theres worse things in life, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatline
    It's disconcerting that the linux executable is an .exe file.
    yeah, that always bothers be a little, but in the end, theres worse things in life, but its kinda like whenever i open a ms-dos command window (not a frequent activity) first thing i type is ls .. .then dir.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!

Linux Forums.org needs to start a folding@home team.

Excellent idea, I run it anyway have been trying to get a family team going but their uptime is too low.

Just Joined!

Re:

Thanks to all who are participating with folding@home!

yeah, that always bothers be a little, but in the end, theres worse things in life, but its kinda like whenever i open a ms-dos command window (not a frequent activity) first thing i type is ls .. .then dir.
    LOL.. I work with the Microsoft OS daily at work, and find myself constantly doing the same thing..

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    It looks like myself and Superdan are the only two on the linuxforums team? I'm OK with being in an exclusive club (now channeling Groucho Marx...I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member) but maybe some of you guys don't know about the team? [shameless_plug]Team number 44942[/shameless_plug]
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!

Re:

Yes..I was trying to get the Admins to post a message or something on the home page of the site, but looks like it hasn't happened. How many Work Units have u completed so far? Again, I would like to thank you for donating your CPU time to a great cause.

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!

lol

LOL..Good job. U must have a really fast processor. Already beating my WU score.

The machine I'm using for it is a P4 2.6GHz with 1Gb of memory and a 10,000 rpm SATA drive.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!

Yeah.

Yeah, way faster than mine. Barton 2500@3200 and Kingston 512 MB of pc2700@PC3200 due to voltage increase overclock.

Linux Newbie
    add me to that team :P 3.06 Ghz lappy :P