Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
wo0t !@!@! I would like to give a shout out @!@! With some banana's...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wo0t

wo0t !@!@! I would like to give a shout out @!@! With some banana's

You can do a search here to make sure you have a unique username: http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/m...type=userstats

Download the client from here, create a folder for it, drop it in (it will create a bunch of files, so I put it in its own folder), make it executable, and run it.
    http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandeg...H502-Linux.exe
    The client will ask you for your username and team number (44942). It will keep this information after the first time it's run.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!

Re:

Do you think running the client in runlevel 3 would increase performance?

Maybe. Since it dynamically allocates unused CPU cycles, if you don't have a graphics system taking away those CPU cycles it should be a bit faster (of course, I've taken to running window managers instead of desktop environments again lately, so for me it wouldn't make much of a difference).
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!

Re:

Such as flux, black, enlightment, and ice?

I've been using enlightenment (dr16) for a while now on my primary box and blackbox and fluxbox on my "test" machines (you know, the ones I try to destroy on a daily basis )

Enlightenment is really, really configurable and I've got just the right mix of performance and eye candy

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!

Eye Candy

Yeah. I have modified my session list for either fluxbox, or KDE. All dependent upon how iam feeling and what type of apps i plan to be running. But I absolutely love the new KDE look. Its the bomb..

Yeah, 3.4 is VERY nice. I can't wait for KDE 4...so...much...eye...candy.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3