Find the answer to your Linux question:
I think it would be nice if lfo had some alternate stylesheets, I would particularly favour a text only style sheet because i allready browse linuxforums with stylesheets and some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

alternative style sheets?

I think it would be nice if lfo had some alternate stylesheets, I would particularly favour a text only style sheet because i allready browse linuxforums with stylesheets and some elements blocked to (almost) achieve this effect.
    Any chance of that? I would be happy to code one but lfo make extreemly heavy use of tables for formatting so it might be a very big task.

Linux Guru

Re: alternative style sheets?

Unfortuantly it would be hours of work, and I don't feel the benifit justifies the time spent on doing it. Anyway, what's wrong with our current style?

Linux Engineer
    I dont like it :) just not my taste.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    To each their own. phpBB has support for themes, if you're just really not into the maroon and orange thing.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Engineer
    yeah actualy, jason: any chance of installing a couple of themes? text only would be nice :)

Linux Guru
    nope - we've already covered this, when i make changes i then need to remember to make them 2,3,4,10 or 20 times depending on the number of themes installed and all that takes time, it is not worth doing.

greasemonkey perhaps?.. if you do the FF thing, and feel like writing something out, its pretty easy to write. (but I assume your doing somethign simliar to that if you already are implementing custom stylesheets)

eh, just a thougt, althought the primary advantage of a text-only version would be viewing it text browsers, but eh, I actualy don't think the site shows up too bad in lynx.

I think the biggest thing is the large number of custom mods and optimizations made that keep the site slick, as a result, phpbb themes would have to be modded quite a bit, and would be a pain to keep running smoothly.

eh, im at work, so i could afford to give you all my $0.02
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Linux Engineer
    maby in a future overhaul of the site this will be taken into consideration. would be good if it was viewable on modern mobile phones (not wap) and pda's but that would require some standards compliance.