Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
As the subject says I'm having problems with the logging in on Linux Forums while at work. For some reasons the initial login goes fine, however when I click on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

login problems on Linux Forums.

As the subject says I'm having problems with the logging in on Linux Forums while at work. For some reasons the initial login goes fine, however when I click on any link (Linux Tutorials, Linux Forums etc...) I am automatically logged out. If I try to log back in nothing happens the boxes just clear out but the page never changes. I'm using Firefox 1.0.6.

Any suggestions on how to correct this would be great or is this a problem with the site?

Linux Guru
    Make sure your browser is allowing cookies (Edit->Preferences->Privacy....), then restart your browser. Without cookies your session won't be maintained and as you found out, you will keep getting logged out.

J.

Just Joined!
    Jason,

Thanks for you reply and suggestion.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I'm still having problems staying logged in with this site.

whenever I click a link I still get logged out, I have to hit the reload button a few times before the page shows me as logged in. I'm posting replies that aren't going through because the site keeps logging me out automatically (I hope this one gets through).

Anyway here is the setup.

I'm on the computer at work, which of course is using winxp, however my browser is Firefox.

I will also add that I'm logged into four different forums, this is the only one that gives me this problem.

peace V

oz
    forum.guy
    Maybe try deleting your browser cache and all cookies, kill the browser, restart it, and then see if things are working better. This sometimes works for me when I'm having strange problems like that.

Just Joined!
    Ozar,

thank you for replying.

Unfortunately that did not work either (it took me three tries clicking post reply just to post a reply, which I hope goes through).

However I am wondering if anyone else is having this same problem?

peace V

oz
    forum.guy
    Sorry it didn't work... but I can tell you that I've never had that problem here.

Don't know if it would help, but maybe an uninstall, then reinstall of Firefox would do the trick. If you do this, be sure to totally clean out all the Firefox stuff in your /home/<user>/.mozilla directory after UNinstalling Firefox.

I have had this problem before with Linux Questions and Firefox.

For me it was the mindless "KDE Wallet" system and I didn't want to use it, well if you don't use it then every time you log in it lets you but then you go to click on something else and it signs you out. It was quite annoying for me until I gave in and used the KDE Wallet thing.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Just Joined!
    Thanks GeorgeHarrison for the reply, but this problem only occurs at work.

I'm using firefox on winxp. I don't have this problem at home on my Debian system.

peace V

Linux Guru
    Catch me on IRC around this time tomrrow if possible and we can go through some stuff to try and get this fixed for you.

J.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast