Find the answer to your Linux question:
I like this forum, but since I only have Fedora, I would like to not see many of the other distro-specific pages. Just Linux and Fedora stuff Is there anyway ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Customizing your LinuxForums.org page

I like this forum, but since I only have Fedora, I would like to not see many of the other distro-specific pages. Just Linux and Fedora stuff

Is there anyway to customize the way the pages show?

I usually come and click "new posts" and sometimes there are a thousand new ones in just a few days. Many are totally unrelated to anything I would remotely be interested in.

Well, you could just go to the forums you want. The ones near the top with an orange symbol have new posts :P.

Linux Engineer
    I have often thought about this myself and found a really great firefox extension that can customise any webpage. find it here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...umpg=10&id=521

Be aware that if you remove one thing from one page and try to visit a different page that uses the same naming convention for a different page element (linux forums does this extensivly) then you will see strange results such as missing content. i tryed using this for a while and got a really stripped down linuxforums it was basicaly pure text mode only but some pages stopped working. right now i just use adblock to remove the logo a the top because it really annoys me when all you can see is the logo and some meaningless text forcing you to scroll down to see what you came for.

Just Joined!
    thanks, i will try it out

i have installed it, i just want to play with it for a while before i make newbie comments

Quote Originally Posted by variant
    right now i just use adblock to remove the logo a the top because it really annoys me when all you can see is the logo and some meaningless text forcing you to scroll down to see what you came for.
    Just for the record, it is that meaningless and annoying text that keeps websites afloat by covering basic bandwidth and housing cost.....

I mean, to each his own, but when done resonably tastefuly, I feel that it is a small price to pay....

Just my $0.02, again, to each his own...
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Banned
    yes but if you are here to help then most things dont change to much from distro to distro
    so to be 100% helpful you need to help other distro users

Just Joined!
    i am never afraid to help

just afraid to give someone wrong info

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Raafi
    i am never afraid to help

just afraid to give someone wrong info
    well what can you realldy do that is bad, atleast you are giving it a shot

Linux Guru

Re: Customizing your LinuxForums.org page

Quote Originally Posted by Raafi
    I like this forum, but since I only have Fedora, I would like to not see many of the other distro-specific pages. Just Linux and Fedora stuff

Is there anyway to customize the way the pages show?
    At the moment there is no way to customize the pages shown, but it is something that has been suggested before and we might add in the future.

J.