Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Originally Posted by beachboy It has been loading slow sometimes like as if I was on a dial up bit i'm not I have a 6mb download and a 785kb ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by beachboy
    It has been loading slow sometimes like as if I was on a dial up bit i'm not I have a 6mb download and a 785kb upload here.
    I *am* on dial-up --- just try to imagine...

I've also noticed all of the problems reported here for the past couple of days. Sometimes no images at all, sometimes a 'cannot be found' error, slow load times, etc.

I'm sure the bugs are being worked out, though. However, I'm kind of at a loss as to how to waste my time Maybe I'll go install gentoo on my P2 300 Mhz monster
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

oz
    forum.guy
    ah... much better, now. thanks a bunch!

Re

It seems that I've lost all my posts and my PM too, is there any way to retrieve them??Also, from 48 post on this forum I'm down to 4, is this normal??
    Last edited by mouradb; 12-19-2005 at 03:08 PM.

oz
    forum.guy

Question Well, darn...

Everything was good again for a while there after the forums were upgraded, but now the occasional-very-slow-page-loads are back.

Wonder what could be causing this?

oz
    forum.guy

Unhappy Help, please...

Okay, Core Wizard, or any admin that can help... I think I've figured out part of the problem, but I'm not sure why it's happening:

I always log into the site using www.linuxforums.com but all the links in the navigation bar under the Linux Forums logo and advertisement box at the top of the page are apparently coded in as .org links. Each time I click on one of those, I get the 30 second or more on page loads, whereas if I'm clicking on .com links, everything works much faster.

This wouldn't be a problem, except that I have no control over the way the links in the nav-bar are coded into the pages, and after several hours of playing with this it's clear that the problem is definitely with the .org links.

Hope all that made enough sense so that someone can fix this. Otherwise, is there some way to navigate through the site using .com links only?

Thanks in advance!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3