Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
I've been having really slow webpage downloads here for the last two or three days (I'm located in Texas). All other websites seem to be loading as fast as usual. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

LinuxForums.org website slow?

I've been having really slow webpage downloads here for the last two or three days (I'm located in Texas). All other websites seem to be loading as fast as usual. The problem has been intermittent, but it happens enough that it's quite frustrating.

Anyone else noticing this?

How slow are you talking about?
    A matter of a few seconds or do the pages hang for a while?

The initial load of the forum page in my browser will have a 3-4 second delay in grabbing all the images, but once they get cached then each subsequent page that is visited is very fast. I have my browser prefs set to dump the cache on shutdown so I only notice it during a restart.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

oz
    forum.guy
    Yeah, they're usually quick for me, too... like 2, 3 or 4 seconds for the main page, but the last few days, they sometimes take 10 to 15 seconds, or longer, but as I said above, this is happening intermittently. It's not always on the main page, either. It seems that it can happen at any page on the forums.

It's possible that it's not the website, but some internet issue between the site and me.

Ok, thanks for the reply, St. Joe...

Linux Guru
    I think the company that does the DNS for my domains have been having a few problems this week, so that might be the cause. Let me know if the problem persists over the next few days.

It was extremely slow between 4:00 - 5:30 this morning EDT.
    Dell Precision T7400 Workstation
    Dual 3.33Ghz Xeon "Harpertown" Core
    16GB PC5300 DDR2 ECC CL5
    BFG GeForce GTX 285 OC 2GB
    X-Fi Platinum
    HP w2408 24" Monitor
    Dual Boot:openSUSE 11.2/Win 7 Ultimate

oz
    forum.guy
    The site seems to be working much better now. Thanks for fixing it, Jason...

oz
    forum.guy
    Jason, it's been a little while since you applied the fix, so I wanted to report back that your efforts have improved my surfing speed by about 500%, and I'm not kidding. It was really tough to surf here before, but things are quite snappy now.

Thanks again!

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm getting those really slow page loads again...

Just like last time, it's not every page I try to load, but just every few minutes, I'll hit one that takes like 20 seconds or so to load. It might have something to do with the recent server changes, as this is the first time it's happened since Jason fixed it the last time. I think at that time, he said it was some kind of issue with the RSS feed adjustment.

Hope this explains the problem well enough.

Thanks in advance for any solutions.

Linux Enthusiast
    Ozar,

There has been some problems recently, site still has a few bugs from versioning up ( or down ) and will just take some time to fix

oz
    forum.guy
    It seems that if I keep clicking pages, it works pretty well, but if there is a lapse in clicking, the first time I try it again, it takes forever for that first page to load. Whatever it is, it's really annoying.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast