Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
i have seen on other forum sites that they have a special catagory for rants and raves like "linux is better than windows" and so-on. if one was put on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

a new section

i have seen on other forum sites that they have a special catagory for rants and raves like "linux is better than windows" and so-on.

if one was put on this forums site, i could see a lot less locked topics and a place for people like me which are hungry for a debate.

dont forget im merely just putting an idea forward, i am not ordering any one around.

just a thought
    thanks
    weed
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, Weedman - I know such a forum has been considered here in the past, but the idea didn't meet with much approval if I remember correctly.

If you haven't already done so, you might want to check out slashdot and/or osnews. They're already setup so that you can debate, insult, flame, and threaten others, or have those things done to you, should that be your preference.

If you want to debate Linux versus Windows, there are plenty of other forums on which you can do it. I for one don't think a designated "flamewar/win vs lin/insult the poster above you" section is a good idea at all. Just my two cents. It's up to J.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Engineer
    Once you get more experienced using Linux, you'll learn to appreciate windows for what it is... Don't worry, you'll grow out of it .
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

I personally would not like to see a page like that on this forum.
    Not having stuff like that on this forum is one of the things that makes this forum so much better than the others that do have those pages.

IMHO
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

I don't think having a special /bin/bash /microsoft/windows/bill_gates folder is a good idea. Windows has it's place/purpose just as Linux does.

I thought the main focus of this forum was to help people resolve problems in various Linux distros. As well as to provide a place where Linux enthusiasts could meet and have intelligent conversations concerning Linux development/news.
    Dell Precision T7400 Workstation
    Dual 3.33Ghz Xeon "Harpertown" Core
    16GB PC5300 DDR2 ECC CL5
    BFG GeForce GTX 285 OC 2GB
    X-Fi Platinum
    HP w2408 24" Monitor
    Dual Boot:openSUSE 11.2/Win 7 Ultimate

There is no need for that. Bashing Windows does not help anymore achieve success in Linux. The purpose of this forum is to help people with Linux, not trying to badmouth Windows.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

I might as well have my two pence:

This is LINUX forums dot org, NOT Bash Windows dot org
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Quote Originally Posted by budman7
    I personally would not like to see a page like that on this forum.
    Not having stuff like that on this forum is one of the things that makes this forum so much better than the others that do have those pages.

IMHO
    ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Weedman
    i have seen on other forum sites that they have a special catagory for rants and raves like "linux is better than windows" and so-on.

if one was put on this forums site, i could see a lot less locked topics and a place for people like me which are hungry for a debate.

dont forget im merely just putting an idea forward, i am not ordering any one around.

just a thought
    thanks
    weed
    There's enough of this going on as it is, and since it's not really follow the ethos of the site, we dont really wanna encourage this sort of behaviour. not IMO anyway.

as techieMoe says, there's places for this sort of discussion, this isn't one of them IMO

(Just my 2 cents worth)
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

i understand

i need coffee, chocolate and a chill pill. oh, and maybe a sleeping pill

weed out
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast