Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've just noticed that the homepage layout changes after you logout and then login again. The reason that I'm interested in this is that there are a couple of new ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Homepage layout changes after logout-login

I've just noticed that the homepage layout changes after you logout and then login again. The reason that I'm interested in this is that there are a couple of new but I think useful links available on the newly loggedin version (ie. 'View your posts') that aren't available on the default one that shows up if you don't log out. I'm sure there must be one, but as of yet, I haven't found a way to access that page without logging out first.
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------
    The real question is what time is it and why the hell am I still screwing around with my computer?

Linux Guru

Re: Homepage layout changes after logout-login

There are 2 versions of the homepage:
    - logged in version
    - logged out version

The logged in version shows when you are logged in, and has things like "view your posts"; If you are not logged in that option would be redundant as the system would not know who you are

I'm not really sure what you are asking?

Quote Originally Posted by pajamabama
    I've just noticed that the homepage layout changes after you logout and then login again. The reason that I'm interested in this is that there are a couple of new but I think useful links available on the newly loggedin version (ie. 'View your posts') that aren't available on the default one that shows up if you don't log out. I'm sure there must be one, but as of yet, I haven't found a way to access that page without logging out first.

This is not a particularly vital issue, but what I'm saying is that if I log out, then log in again, the homepage looks different (different than if I hadn't logged out at all). For example, my avatar and links are on the right. Normally they're on the left. The only reason I care about this at all, is that there are a couple of links available (ie. 'View your posts') that I haven't seen normally. I thought that was a cool link, just to look back at all the topics I've written to.

Just thought it was odd.

I hope this makes a little more sense. If not, I really don't care too much about this anyway.
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------
    The real question is what time is it and why the hell am I still screwing around with my computer?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru

Right.

Thanks.
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------