Find the answer to your Linux question:
Could you modify the page - right after you post a reply - that basically says "See your Post" or "Back to Forum" -- so that "Back to Forum" becomes ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Suggestion to improve user-friendliness of web page

Could you modify the page - right after you post a reply - that basically says "See your Post" or "Back to Forum" -- so that "Back to Forum" becomes "Back to Where-ever-you-were-before-you-posted-your-reply" --- if you happen to have been in your "Watched" list, for example, this becomes just a little bit of an inconvienence.

Yes, I know that I can "skip back" two or three... - that's what I have been doing -- still, it would be more user friendly if the link would take you back to [the list] where you were before you posted the reply (instead of the "main" forum list).

Something for your web site programmer(s) to ponder...

Thanks!

What I do is use the Back Arrow somewhat like you have, but I click on the Down arrow right next to it and just go back to where I want to go.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Linux Guru
    The software powering the site doesnt track where you were 2,3,4 or 5 steps ago, and to be honest I dont think its that much of an issue. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Jason

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by budman7
    What I do is use the Back Arrow somewhat like you have, but I click on the Down arrow right next to it and just go back to where I want to go.
    This is what I meant by "skip back" two or three - sorry if I didn't make it clear enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlambert
    The software powering the site doesnt track where you were 2,3,4 or 5 steps ago, and to be honest I dont think its that much of an issue. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Jason
    It's not too critical - just though I would suggest it and see what happens. I seem to have a knack for [coming up with ideas] to make things more user-friendly - part of what I do at work is doing just that - making [the environment, software tools, GUIs, etc.] more user-friendly.

Thanks for considering it!