Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
That's the only "problem" about having an IRC channel...everyone has different schedules and time zones. A lot of the time when I finally get home and get on, everyone except ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

That's the only "problem" about having an IRC channel...everyone has different schedules and time zones. A lot of the time when I finally get home and get on, everyone except K is asleep. But then there are chances when I get in there with a few of the others...it's all a probability thing, really...the more you hang out there, the more likely you are to have interaction with people.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Newbie
    its the same four guys in there
    thats pure reliability, if you need an answer fast theyre there
    Thanks v much

\"Anything bigger than my ego i want it caught and killed\"- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Multi boot:
    Win xp home, SuSE 8.2 and Slackware 9.1

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_red_hatter
    its the same four guys in there
    thats pure reliability, if you need an answer fast theyre there
    More like they need to get out more!

<runs />
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

hehe, yeah i know i need to get out more. but i have no life and they dont jst sell them on walmart.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Guru
    Thanks for all the feedback guys, we're looking into a lot of the suggestions that were made to see what we can do if anyone has anymore suggestions/comments/feedback, please dont hesitate to let us know

Jason

Linux Newbie
    and they dont jst sell them on walmart
    i got a good one for half price at maplin
    Thanks v much

\"Anything bigger than my ego i want it caught and killed\"- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Multi boot:
    Win xp home, SuSE 8.2 and Slackware 9.1

Just Joined!

Smile A Forum Like Home

I have been fiddling around with Linux for almost five years. Since I am not a computer tech or IT professional, I need lots of help and have a ton of questions. My first experiences on forums were nightmarish. People were rude,
    impatient, and had a childish, Nazi-ish attitude to this or that operating system or Linux distro. Ask a simple question and I'll flame you to a crisp seemed to be their motto. I was doing a Linux-on-the-desktop project for a college class I had . People were saying "Linux isn't ready for prime-time." I told the class, in my
    presentation, "It isn't Linux that is not ready, it's Linux users."

Now I find I must appologise to all of you. This is truly a helpful and wel coming
    forum. I find it very simple to use and navigate, and the variety of information here is awesome! The up-beat attitude here is great as well. It's this type of atmosphere that lets Linux be the source of freedom it really is meant to be.
    Thanks a million times to everyone who works on this site. I hope you will not mind if I cruise and contribute from time to time. Though I am not a programmer or a tech professional, I have had what I consider some very valuable experiences, and as an untrained Linux user, I know how newbies feel when they have trouble. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by charlemax
    This is truly a helpful and wel coming
    forum. I find it very simple to use and navigate, and the variety of information here is awesome! The up-beat attitude here is great as well. It's this type of atmosphere that lets Linux be the source of freedom it really is meant to be.
    Thanks a million times to everyone who works on this site. I hope you will not mind if I cruise and contribute from time to time. Though I am not a programmer or a tech professional, I have had what I consider some very valuable experiences, and as an untrained Linux user, I know how newbies feel when they have trouble. Thanks.
    Such wonderful feedback. I too came to this forum after being outcast (or simply choosing to leave) other forums for my obvious "n00bness", and the reasons I ended up making it my "home" forum are the same as yours.

Fear not if you're not a programmer! (Of course, coming from a programmer that message probably loses some merit...but anyway.) It takes all kinds and sometimes it takes someone with a completely different background to come up with a better or simpler solution ("have you plugged the network cable into your computer?"). Programmers (myself included) often launch off into the most obvious solution that comes to our heads without considering if there might be a simpler way to do it.

Please do continue to enjoy the forum and contribute wherever you feel comfortable. As you can see, we don't bite unless bitten first, and the mods have become handy with our fire extinguishers.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2