Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Ha, looks like it still has a few bugs, right now i see that i'm a "Site Admin", lol EDIT - Ok it does'nt seem to be there any more....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Ha, looks like it still has a few bugs, right now i see that i'm a "Site Admin", lol

EDIT - Ok it does'nt seem to be there any more.
    Last edited by geese; 12-19-2005 at 03:28 PM.

At first I didn't know if I longed in to the right sight. It looks very slick and fast and will take some getting used to but change is usually good so thanks for your hard work and I agree with first poster I hope we continue to get a great bunch of people participating in this forum this is the only forum I consistently try to post on because I've always received good positive responses and have tried to do the same. So welcome to the NEW linuxforums.org
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

geese yes there are a few bugs and that is to be expected.....
    and since i see that you have the admin badge i assume that is why the permissions arent all turned on for me as of yet
    Last edited by loft306; 12-19-2005 at 02:43 PM.
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by geese
    Ha, looks like it still has a few bugs, right now i see that i'm a "Site Admin", lol
    Use your God-like power to make us all into site Mods.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by loft306
    geese yes there are a few bugs and that is to be expected.....
    and since i see that you have the admin badge i assume that is why the permissions arent all turned on for me as of yet
    Yes I was wondering about you guys, I notice that my favourite mods were 'not' mods anymore. I guess it will take some time to iron everything out.

I like the new forums a whole lot, I can't beleive I was angry you were changing them. This is so much faster amd a whole lot nicer than the old ones. All hail Core Wizard, may he live long. Now where is that bannana when you need to give it to someone...
    Nothing is worse than ten penguins fighting over which is better, vi or emacs.
    Registered Linux User #404402
    Finally I'm back on LF after a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerf
    So welcome to the NEW linuxforums.org
    It says linuxforums.com in my address bar (tho my old bookmark got me here).

Its all looking mighty spiffy, well done guys

Toodle-oo
    Giles
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are powerless. Our greatest fear is Microsoft"
    Registered linux user #391027

oz
    forum.guy
    Many thanks to all those that are working on the site.

It seems there are still a few places with rough edges, but it's clearly getting better, now.

Banned

Profile above your message

Perhaps this is something you need to get used to..., but placing user profiles above a message seems to make it harder to read the actual message. Right now this profile looks already bigger(also cause of the mostly empty "Title" field) than some messages and that's still without avatars(do we really need them?). Placing extra options(like aim) under the other info makes this field even bigger.

Edit: ...and if you edit something(yet an other seperator), it becomes even more tricky to find the actual message...
    Last edited by jens; 12-19-2005 at 05:46 PM.

Also I've noticed I do not get my notifications of replys to topics I've posted in anymore....but other than that it's all good....
    Nothing is worse than ten penguins fighting over which is better, vi or emacs.
    Registered Linux User #404402
    Finally I'm back on LF after a long while.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast