Find the answer to your Linux question:
To my displeasure... I log in after 7 days of inactivity, and I see there is a new admin and a new forum system... While making this post, I realize ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Wink Egosearch and Unanswered

To my displeasure... I log in after 7 days of inactivity, and I see there is a new admin and a new forum system...

While making this post, I realize there are not even smilies or Im missing the obvious...

Anyway, something I love about phpBB is the egosearch link.
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/sea...h_id=egosearch
    And, in this forum, I liked the unanswered posts link
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/sea..._id=unanswered

The first one, well, is a shortcut to see the posts you have posted/replied to, and I like that.
    The second one, is the quick way to help people who have pending questions (0 replies)...

I know that I can simply use the advanced search feature now...

For the egosearch: Search by User Name-> darklordsatan-> Search Now Button

For the unanswered posts: Find Threads with-> At Most-> Search Now Button

But thats just a lot of clicking and typing IMHO. Call me lazy, its all right.

Isnt there a possibility to have both links back in the not so distant future?
    I reckon it might be a small coding session for the new admin, or maybe this new system has it hidden somewhere

Cheers

Linux Engineer
    I too went searching for the "View unanswered posts" button after the site overhaul and was very disappointed to not find it. I used that button very frequently so that I could answer peoples' questions, but now I have to do all the clicking to get there. It's not so much the fact that it requires more clicking but that the only way I figured out how to look at 0 reply posts was from you, darklordsatan. Thanks!

I would greatly appreciate it if the site admin could create a link to view unanswered posts so that it's easier for people to access it. I mean, isn't this site supposed to be about helping people with Linux? And if we make it more difficult for people to answer questions, it's sort of pointless.

My two cents.

oz
    forum.guy

Thumbs up Yep, good suggestion...

I totally agree with the above posters that implementing a single-click option for posts with zero replies is a very desirable and much needed feature. The current scheme of having to click 4 or 5 times in order to drill down to them is overly cumbersome.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close