Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, It appears that the distro option is gone from the profile. I don't understand the complexities going on with the server/board change so I don't know if this was ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Distro option gone from Profile

Hi,

It appears that the distro option is gone from the profile. I don't understand the complexities going on with the server/board change so I don't know if this was taken out, it can't be implemented or it has been forgotten.

It was always nice to know what people were running and very nice when people ask questions but don't say what distro they are using.

Keep up the good work.

Bryan

*EDIT* - Also, what is the buddy/ignore list for in the User CP?
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

oz
    forum.guy
    I've been wondering about that, too. I do know from my previous experience with vBulletin that it can be implemented, but I'm thinking Core Wizard may have his hands full at the moment. Thanks for posting this, as I was thinking about posting this same topic, but now it's done.

Linux User
    Should be great to got a sticky post where ppl could write their suggestions for improving the new vbulletin style.
    For exemple would be great to got a possibility at the bottom of a page to go directly to the top or simply go to the currently read forums (or sub-forums) thx to a link like in phpbb (currently I just click on the jump option...)
    Thx

heh and that was a helpfull option so we had a chance of knowing the distro without asking
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

*bump*

Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Linux User
    Ok, it's back now, in order to set it, go to "User CP --> Edit Options --> Distribution"

Then enter what ever Disto you use...

Thank You
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good