Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have been on here today for a few hours, then i when back to the main page, said i wasnt logged in, i logged in 7 times, got that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

WTH had to log in 7 times before it said i was logged in

i have been on here today for a few hours, then i when back to the main page, said i wasnt logged in, i logged in 7 times, got that page that says thank you for logging in, and still said i wasnt logged in...finally had to check the box for "remember me"

Sounds like it could be related to cookies, though whether there was a problem with the cookie being written to your computer (i.e. it was the site's fault ) or whether there's something a bit odd going on with your settings I dunno. It'd probably be worth checking your settings in any case.
    Of course it might well be a completely different issue, in which case disregard the above...

HTH
    Toodle-oo
    Giles
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are powerless. Our greatest fear is Microsoft"
    Registered linux user #391027

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Giles
    Sounds like it could be related to cookies, though whether there was a problem with the cookie being written to your computer (i.e. it was the site's fault ) or whether there's something a bit odd going on with your settings I dunno. It'd probably be worth checking your settings in any case.
    Of course it might well be a completely different issue, in which case disregard the above...

HTH
    Toodle-oo
    Giles

i have it set to allow all cookies from this entire site...i cleared cookies/history etc still did that ah well...i have it set to keep me logged in...its worked so far <how much ya wanna bet i just jinxed my self?>