Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'd like to make the suggestion that we remove the Peripherals / Hardware Forum Linux Desktop / X-Windows Forum Linux Programming & Scripting Forum Gaming / Games / Multimedia / ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Suggestion: Forum Merger

I'd like to make the suggestion that we remove the
    Peripherals / Hardware Forum
    Linux Desktop / X-Windows Forum
    Linux Programming & Scripting Forum
    Gaming / Games / Multimedia / Entertainment Forum
    Linux Security Forum
    Linux Kernel Forum
    Linux On Laptops Forum
    Wine Forum
    Art & Imaging in Linux Forum
    and merge them with the Miscellanious forum for the following reasons:
    1.) Not too many users go to these forums, they go to the misc forums instead for questions related to these topics. It seems cluttered to have all those forums there that nobody is really using. I've posted questions there before only to have them answered three days later because not enough people frequent them enough. I've had them answered in the Misc. forum and the newbie forum in two hours.
    2.) By merging them with the misc. forum, we'd create a very active forum where you would be able to have a question answered in a relatively short amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by chopin1810
    I'd like to make the suggestion that we remove the
    Peripherals / Hardware Forum
    Linux Desktop / X-Windows Forum
    Linux Programming & Scripting Forum
    Gaming / Games / Multimedia / Entertainment Forum
    Linux Security Forum
    Linux Kernel Forum
    Linux On Laptops Forum
    Wine Forum
    Art & Imaging in Linux Forum
    and merge them with the Miscellanious forum for the following reasons:
    1.) Not too many users go to these forums, they go to the misc forums instead for questions related to these topics. It seems cluttered to have all those forums there that nobody is really using. I've posted questions there before only to have them answered three days later because not enough people frequent them enough. I've had them answered in the Misc. forum and the newbie forum in two hours.
    2.) By merging them with the misc. forum, we'd create a very active forum where you would be able to have a question answered in a relatively short amount of time.

I do not agree with merging the WINE forum. That one is so completely unrelated to anything else Linux that I believe it should remain by itself. I also think the Games/Gaming/Multimedia and Art & Imaging should stay separate. The rest I agree with.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants