Find the answer to your Linux question:
There's no problem with logging into LinuxForums.com, but as soon as I click on any of the links in the navigation bar at the top of the page (under the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Exclamation LinuxForums.com has a bug...

There's no problem with logging into LinuxForums.com, but as soon as I click on any of the links in the navigation bar at the top of the page (under the Linux Forums logo and the advertisement window) the website automatically logs me out causing an additional login to be necessary.

Would someone with the know how please fix this so that only one login is required? This is the only website I frequent where you have to log in two times to use the site.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this issue.

seconded, but only apparent (so far with me) when using internet explorer.

I found the work around was to click on the remember me check box. It then remembered me for the rest of that stay.

Nerderello

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS

oz
    forum.guy

Smile Hi, Nerderello... thanks for the reply and your confirmation of the bug.

The thing is, I'd prefer not to "stay logged in" so this problem crops up every time I come back to this website. I could also revert to always logging using linuxforums.org and leave the .com site out of the picture altogether, but there's another issue going on with the .org links that the admins have failed to respond to thus far. You can read about the latest problems with that issue here:

http://www.linuxforums.com/forum/t42...site-slow.html

There should be no difference in which link is used according to what Core Wizard said here:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/t51826-org-vs-com.html

However, I'm not finding that to be the case at all. The .com part of the site seems to be working fine, but each time a .org link comes into the picture things start breaking.

What's more frustrating is that I'm not even sure the current admins are actively looking at the threads in this forum, as they rarely reply to any of the comments, suggestions, or feedback posted here by the regular members. With no replies, it's hard to know from a user standpoint what is actually happening.

Oh well, I suppose time will tell...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Well, you see, when you come from the .com website, and log in, the website places a cookie on your computer saying that you are logged in using the .COM website, so when you go to .ORG, your computer does not have the cookie for that domain name, so you're simply not logged in.
    I have been seeing this for a while, and I decided to make the .ORG the official site, and .COM just a linkage, That will be applied really soon.

Linux User
    Oh, and just for the record, we are reading threads here, and we are working on fixing most of the stuff asked, but we can't do everything asked.

oz
    forum.guy

Smile Thanks for the reply, Core Wizard...

It's good to know someone is looking at these threads, and having them replied to helps all us "little guys and gals" to better understand what is taking place with our comments, suggestions, and feedback. It's really nice to receive a reply even in those cases where something can't, or won't be fixed.

Any idea what's going on with the slow page loads on all the .org links? I'd love to use them if I could, but they are simply too slow for regular use. Why would .com be really fast and .org be really slow if they are all on the same server? It makes no sense to me. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Linux User
    I will look into that...

oz
    forum.guy
    Okay, thanks a bunch, Core Wizard - I really do appreciate your help on this...