Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Originally Posted by ozar Yeah, it has been working fine by clicking, but I'm on a Windows box right now and that's working fine, too, but I'll check it out ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ozar
    Yeah, it has been working fine by clicking, but I'm on a Windows box right now and that's working fine, too, but I'll check it out again under Linux when I get back to my Linux machine in a couple hours.
    Well it doesn't on any of my home boxes (all GNU/linux wit FF).
    ...a Linux forum that only works for Windows users...?!

How can it possibly take this long to fix somthing huge like that?

Banned
    PS: Please fix this (this is really getting silly).

Works for me and I'm on PCLinuxOS. Can you do the quick edit at all?

Linux User
    I just tried editing on xp and, lo and behold, it actually works. On Fedora if I edit I do ctrl-leftclick to open a new window. Hopefully this will get sorted out soon.
    registered linux user: 387197

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRoot
    F.Y.I. - I changed my Message Editor Interface from 'Enhanced' to 'Standard' - and so far, no crashes when I edit...

EDIT - I have gone back to using 'Enhanced' - so far no crashes - however, sometimes (only some of the time), when I click on 'Save' - it actually changes the post, but doesn't "revert back" to the normal post view (like it's stuck in edit mode)... I have to do a page reload to correct it. The rest of the time, it works fine. (so far, so good?)
    oops - just crashed again (but only once)...

Don't you just love the (seemingly?) random-occurance problems?

Let's see -- details -- tags or no tags - smilies or no smilies - pressed 'edit' or 'save' button while (or not) page was still loading...

OK, I have more data...

FWIIW:

~ My browser has yet to crash when I am in 'Standard' mode and try to edit a post.
    ~ My browser crashes only sometimes when I am in 'Enhanced' mode and try to edit a post.

--- But, it may be (not absolutely sure) that the browser is crashing when the entire post can't be seen (needs scroll) and I try to edit...

EDIT: I have successfully edited posts which were larger than could be displayed in full length. So, I guess you can forget about the part above (marked with '---').

Banned

Fix this

I'm really getting very annoyed here. The lack of an "edit" buttun for this long time is simply not acceptable. If nobody will fix this and if our new invisible admin keeps refusing any feedback, I'll just leave these forums.

Probably my last post,
    Jens.

oz
    forum.guy
    Weird... I don't really understand what's up with all the crashing because it's never crashed on me, and I've edited lots of posts.

Banned

Unhappy

Weird... I don't really understand what's up with all the crashing because it's never crashed on me, and I've edited lots of posts.
    That's exactly why why some feedback from the person who can is needed.
    I also find it funny that he's asking for (free!)programmers before getting his forum to fully work (as if I would ever join a team that can't even handle a simple message board).

Not answering any feedback is just being disrespectful.

ozar -- What browser are you using? (please include version)

EDIT: I think it could also be significant ... what personal view/display settings a person has.

To anyone/everyone:

If you are so inclined, please post with the following:

~ What OS are you using (include version)?
    ~ What browser are you using (include version)?
    ~ What personal view/display settings do you have set? (from 'User CP')
    ~ Has your browser crashed while trying to edit a post, and in what mode(s)?
    ~ Anything else you think might be significant...

Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast