Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Hi, scientica Thanks, but I've already tried running ping and traceroute tests and have been thinking it's some kind of reverse DNS lookup issue, or misconfiguration. I don't believe it's ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Arrow

Hi, scientica

Thanks, but I've already tried running ping and traceroute tests and have been thinking it's some kind of reverse DNS lookup issue, or misconfiguration. I don't believe it's anything on my end, as I get very quick returns when pinging linuxforums.com, or the server directly at 67.15.52.42, but I can't ping linuxforums.org at all. I only get "unknown host" instead of returned packets.

Traceroutes to linuxforums.org do work, but are much slower going through than those tests with linuxforums.com

Like I said earlier... this is super-sucky!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quick update... I can ping both locations now even with the /etc/hosts entries recommended by JasonLambert totally removed, but page loads on the .org portion of the website continue to be slow as molassess.

oz
    forum.guy
    I just ran a report on LinuxForums.org over at dnsreport.com and found some errors, but I'm not sure that any of these are causing these problems. It could be that the "glue" issues are part of the problems, though.

See the report here:

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsre...inuxforums.org

Hope this helps with a fix...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Hmm... I've just removed the /etc/hosts entries suggested by JasonLambert and this issue seems to have cleared itself up because the site pages are loading much fast now.

I'm marking this thread as "SOLVED", although I'm not really sure why things started working faster again.

ozar
    oz

Linux User
    The reason why it's going faster again is because we fixed a lot of stuff in the domain name, and on the server, it was a problem with DNS stuff...

oz
    forum.guy

Cool Thanks a bunch...

Quote Originally Posted by Core Wizard
    The reason why it's going faster again is because we fixed a lot of stuff in the domain name, and on the server, it was a problem with DNS stuff...
    A huge heap of thanks goes out to you for the fix, Core Wizard. Things are moving about 5 or 6 times faster now.

ozar
    oz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2