Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
I've been looking around and can't find a ready-to-go mod for a "solved" type button or link but it seems that it shouldn't be too difficult to do. It just ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

I've been looking around and can't find a ready-to-go mod for a "solved" type button or link but it seems that it shouldn't be too difficult to do.

It just needs to insert the word [SOLVED] at the beginning or end of the thread title, and only allow it to be done by the thread starter, similar to the way only the thread starter can change the title now. Of course, what sounds simple sometimes turns out to be a major chore by the time it's completed.

Lightbulb

Here's another thought -- the (UNSOLVED AS OF YET) initiative...

that would be intuitive because if it wasn't labeled solve then we would "assume" it was not solved yet.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I was just razzing the admins - didn't really mean anything by it...

(bump)

Yes, the "Solved" button would make a nice, useful and original addition to this forum
    I like the idea of a SOLVED button.
    I think it is a great idea -- besides, it seems like it will be difficult to get everyone to do the "(SOLVED)" thing...

The next best idea? A sticky/reminder somewhere to encourage people to do the "(SOLVED)" thing...

Personally, I like the SOLVED button idea.

I also like this idea. Lately I've done my best to add **SOLVED** to the title of threads I come across where the original poster has said it was solved. Unfortunately I've only been coming across them because other people are piggy-backing on them and saying things like "Well, glad you got your problem solved but now here's my totally unrelated problem that I'm tacking on here because I don't know any better."

I'm doing my best to split these threads off, but a SOLVED button that would perhaps not only add "SOLVED" but also close the thread would be useful to me personally, and probably the other mods as well.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    I also like this idea. Lately I've done my best to add **SOLVED** to the title of threads I come across where the original poster has said it was solved. Unfortunately I've only been coming across them because other people are piggy-backing on them and saying things like "Well, glad you got your problem solved but now here's my totally unrelated problem that I'm tacking on here because I don't know any better."

I'm doing my best to split these threads off, but a SOLVED button that would perhaps not only add "SOLVED" but also close the thread would be useful to me personally, and probably the other mods as well.
    techieMoe,

Thank you for your efforts to "tidy up" the loose ends left by others... (especially since it is not really your responsibility, but everyone's...)

Since it would be very difficult (I think) to get everyone to add "**SOLVED**" (always) -- this makes for a very good automation idea - having the SOLVED button would definitely help everyone...

good to see this idea isn't totally dead. Hopefully with this shameless bump other new members to the forum will read this and say: holy $%* that is a great idea I can't believe I never thought of that whoever started this thread must be a genius and also very attractive too.

ok I went a little overboard there but still I hope everyone first, get's their problems solved, and second, let's everyone know they are solved.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Problem is, too many posts and not enough people to edit those posts. Not sure exactly how to solve this problem. Letting anyone edit threads seems to be dangerous practice, so that doesn't work.

the original poster just needs to edit his title and his or her problem has been solved and add (SOLVED) to it. So it wouldn't be a permission problem rather it is a due dilengence problem on the part of the original poster.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast