Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
I think we could still individually add solved as long as we don't do it universally. (Please tell me if I'm wrong about this and I will stop using solved ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I think we could still individually add solved as long as we don't do it universally. (Please tell me if I'm wrong about this and I will stop using solved also).

for example
    (SOLVED)
    ##SOLVED##
    **SOLVED**
    [SOLVED]

and so on, I believe that this would defeat the drawback of "keyword density" related specifically to one word. Maybe I'm wrong and the search engine would ignore the symbols prefixing the word solved, but it seems to make sense that you could still use the word just switch it up.

on another note. I like the idea of different coloring scheme for solved and unsolved, maybe also answered and unanswered posts. Or the icon next to solved post could be a superman like S symbol equating the conquering of yet another linux question.

Core Wizard please let us know if you would rather have us not using any form of solved, I would of course be willing to fight my solved addiction for the good of the forums if that be the case.

edit: spelling
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Linux User
    Ok, here's what I'll do, I just thought of it, and that will work...

I'll only let signed in users see the "solved" word, which only moderators or thread starters will be able to set, hence, search engines won't be able to see it...

What do you say?

sounds fantastic. Now we just need to get everybody to start doing it so there aren't a whole lot of abandoned threads that are solved or unsolved and we don't know about it.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Wizard
    Ok, here's what I'll do, I just thought of it, and that will work...

I'll only let signed in users see the "solved" word, which only moderators or thread starters will be able to set, hence, search engines won't be able to see it...

What do you say?
    Sounds good to me.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

I like that idea too CoreWizard
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Linux User
    No, no one does anything yet, I will add a special button that only moderators or the thread starter will be able to see on a specific thread, and they can click on that button, and it will set it as "Solved".

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Wizard
    No, no one does anything yet, I will add a special button that only moderators or the thread starter will be able to see on a specific thread, and they can click on that button, and it will set it as "Solved".
    Now that is a totally cool feature. Thanks for implementing it!
    oz

Just a thought, how about having the "solved threads" show up with a different color and icon? in the listing too? eg: (imagine the post listing)
    (btw, the green envelope above is just a Gimp'd version of , if you like it CoreWizard you can use it, Im not sure about whatever license it'd fall under (as it's a modified version of the vB image), but I can't imagine any problem with it beeing used here)
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

Do we have any status yet as to the SOLVED super special secret button? Just wondering because I don't start to many threads and have solved a couple over the past day or two and don't know whether to kindly ask people to use their power as thread starter. I did start this thread and couldn't find a button or link though I think it would be kind of funny to have the solved thread solved.

no pressure though corewizard just wondering.

Linux User
    Ok, I haven't started on it yet, since we were having server upgrades and I am a bit taken away with my own life at the moment, and trying to devote as much as possible to LinuxForums, but it is on my to-do list and I will do my best to apply it as soon as possible.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast