Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Originally Posted by Core Wizard Ok, here's what I'll do, I just thought of it, and that will work... I'll only let signed in users see the "solved" word, which ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Wizard
    Ok, here's what I'll do, I just thought of it, and that will work...

I'll only let signed in users see the "solved" word, which only moderators or thread starters will be able to set, hence, search engines won't be able to see it...

What do you say?
    A great idea, Core Wizard...

I'm looking forward to its implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Wizard
    I'll only let signed in users see the "solved" word, which only moderators or thread starters will be able to set, hence, search engines won't be able to see it...
    I think hiding it from search engines is a bad idea.

One of my pet peeves is the way search engines work in one area. If I get a perplexing error message, I usually copy or type it into Google with quotes. I'm always hoping for an ANSWER--that is, someone saying if you get this error, then this is your problem. But what I usually get is a pageful of hits of other users who posted that message on every relevant forum or mailing list on the internet. And often I can find NO SOLUTION posted.

While it's nice to know I'm not the only one who got the error message, what I really, really, really want is to see a potential solution. If one of the hits contained the keyword "SOLVED", that would be the very first one I would go to. But if you hide "SOLVED", I may not even bother clicking on that link, because it looks like just another message asking what I'm asking.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5