Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
I would like to start what I would call the SOLVED iniative. By this I mean that once your post has been answered to your satisfication go back and edit ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

the (SOLVED) iniative

I would like to start what I would call the SOLVED iniative. By this I mean that once your post has been answered to your satisfication go back and edit your title and put (SOLVED) in it so that people will know two things: (1) that your post is solved and that they should not look at it at least thinking that they can provide an answer, and (2) those who have a problem associated with yours will know that your post has a possible solution for them to look at regarding their own problem. What do you all think? Is this a good idea to start here? I've seen it on other forums and as you can tell I think its a good idea.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

oz
    forum.guy
    I agree completely with your iniative suggestion and hope our membership will adhere to it. Too many members don't post as SOLVED in the title and some users don't even bother to post that it's solved at all anywhere in the thread.

Good point, I like it. It would be nice to know when situations have been resolved. It would sure save me time finding problems when I check during the day and as you mentioned, it does provide a way for people to find solutions to their problems.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy

Arrow Hey, a new forum mod idea!

A "solved button" that could only be pushed by the thread starter might make a nice little mod for this site, and for others. Maybe it already exists somewhere but I've never seen it.

Anyway, by doing that the person wouldn't have to push the edit button, and then go in and make the changes manually, and then have to save them. Instead, they'd simply click the "solved" button. The forum software would mark the thread solved and the [SOLVED] portion of all titles would then be formatted the same. Perhaps the original poster could push the button again to remove the "solved" if it should turn out that the problem wasn't solved afterall.

Just an idea to make it easier to get them marked solved.

now thats a good idea. i like it.

corewizard should consider this...

/weed
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--

Yeah, go SOLVED! I usually do it, but not enough people do.

What do we want? People to begin adding SOLVED to the title of their solved problems!
    When do we want it? As soon as possible!

A little while ago I had a topic that was resolved to my satisfaction so I attempted to put SOLVED in the title.
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/sho...ighlight=audio
    But the only thing that was changed was the title for that post.
    the title for that topic remained unchanged.
    I like the idea of a SOLVED button.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Just Joined!
    what's even worse than not modyfing the title is users who don't post back _ever_ to let other people know if the advice given was any good.

Yeah ozar a "SOLVED" button would be exactly what we need. I've never seen that before but it would do exactly what we want and make things easier for everybody.

I hope core or someone else reads this thread and takes our suggestions to heart because I really do believe it would be a welcome addition to my favorite forums.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Yes, the "Solved" button would make a nice, useful and original addition to this forum

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast