Find the answer to your Linux question:
Two suggestions here - For people who like to use firefox's password manager or other applications that store passwords, this forum (and all other forums i've seen that use Vbullitin) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Passwords and Login Screen

Two suggestions here

- For people who like to use firefox's password manager or other applications that store passwords, this forum (and all other forums i've seen that use Vbullitin) clears the password when you click the login button. This means that applications that try to store your password will store your username correctly, but password as blank. Makes it pretty useless it think.

- I also think that we should eliminate the login screen that you are redirected to after you click login. In my opinion this screen in pretty useless. I would prefer it the entire page didn't have to load again, but only that the portion where your usename is should have to re-load. Kind of like it was in the old page.

What does everyone think?

I agree and I agree. I've had to put my password in all the time and it gets sickening, now I just leave my firefox on all the time. Also, the redirect screen might be necessary, I don't know, but I'd like to see it gone too if it's not. I really like this forum though and it's very well done and moderated, it's by far my favorite forum I've joined. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by oosterhouse
    I really like this forum though and it's very well done and moderated, it's by far my favorite forum I've joined. Keep up the good work!
    You should have seen the "old" forum -- it may not have been as "pretty", but there were a lot less problems...

Back on topic -- I totally agree with the idea of getting rid of the extra login screen - personally, I think it should simply return to the (updated) screen from which you logged in...

As for the other -- well, I would just like to be able to log in once for the session - until I got ready to log out (instead of being force-logged-out for no good reason)...

Just Joined!
    Yes, I agree with the first gripe, if your going to imply that you are allowing login information to be 'remembered' then allow it! I get no entry of any kind in my FF PW manager.

The redirect screen doesn't bother me, all the forums I belong to do it.

Yleeyas