Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Well I've been surfin the site and I noticed that there are words which are highlighted in green and have links to sales sites. For example the word ram in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

what's up with green links

Well I've been surfin the site and I noticed that there are words which are highlighted in green and have links to sales sites. For example the word ram in one post and linux in another. Is this just me or are others getting this too. If others are why are we doing this because in my opinion its kinda of annoying if its so the site can make money and stay up and running i'm all for it but anything else seems a little weird to me.

that's my 2 cents at least.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Or the sales link in my post I just made. But not ram or linux this time??????????
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Linux Newbie
    I've never really liked these kinds of ads, but if it keeps linuxforums running, I guess I could tolerate it.

Linux Newbie
    I have to agree guys. I'm feeling quite bombarded by advertisments on here lately, and it's definitely affecting my use of the forums. To each their own?

It is quite annoying, but i do suppose that it needs the money to keep running...

Linux User
    Yes, I knew it was going to annoy everyone, but all the money we are getting from the website are being reinvested in the website, there are no personal profits at all.
    And that was the last step I was going to take. If we lived in a perfect world, everything would be free, but I'm afraid we don't, and money needs to be paid to keep this running and growing...

I didn't even realize it was advertising until I read this post.
    So, I guess it wasn't that annoying.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

I guess I'm just not very observant, but I haven't seen this yet. Regardless, if it keeps the forum up, go for it; the forum is too nice to lose.

thanks for the reply corewizard I didn't start this thread to complain I really just wanted to know what was going on. I hope that no one has taken this thread that way and I want to reiterate that whatever it takes to keep the forum up and running is quite fine by me. I also want to reiterate that this forum is the only place I really continually check, post, read, etc. and is somewhere where I have received great advice and information and hopefully have given some decent advice myself.

Keep up the good work corewizard and all those who help make this forum the great place that it is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast