Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I think someone is trying a script or generic method of deleting 'bad' words on this site. The reason I can tell is that Pablo Pic***o (author of my sig.) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

A generic way of deleting expletives

I think someone is trying a script or generic method of deleting 'bad' words on this site. The reason I can tell is that Pablo Pic***o (author of my sig.) is now Pablo Pica**o. And the word pa**word features quite a bit. Am I right?

Very neat, but also not very good at filtering ordinary words.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by fingal
    I think someone is trying a script or generic method of deleting 'bad' words on this site. The reason I can tell is that Pablo Pic***o (author of my sig.) is now Pablo Pica**o. And the word pa**word features quite a bit. Am I right?
    No, Core Wizard is working as I type this to setup the censoring tool on the site to stop some of the profanity that's being posted. He's just not gotten the kinks worked out yet.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar
    No, Core Wizard is working as I type this to setup the censoring tool on the site to stop some of the profanity that's being posted. He's just not gotten the kinks worked out yet.
    Fair enough. Just checking. By the way, what a %**£@ great idea! If he wants anyone to test it out for him ...
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by fingal
    The reason I can tell is that Pablo Pic***o (author of my sig.) is now Pablo Pica**o. And the word pa**word features quite a bit.

Very neat, but also not very good at filtering ordinary words.
    Yes, yours was the first signature that alerted me to this little foible. There are still some kinks to work out, apparently.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux User
    Now it works I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Core Wizard
    Now it works I guess...
    Looks okay. Picasso is back again and all is well.

As a new user, I'm just curious - why do this? Are there a lot of kids here? I sort of imagined this would be populated mostly by adults...and I've found you sow what you reap.

And by the way, "kink" is a bad word.

Regards

DT

Quote Originally Posted by DThor
    As a new user, I'm just curious - why do this? Are there a lot of kids here? I sort of imagined this would be populated mostly by adults...and I've found you sow what you reap.
    Actually, if you look at our Age Poll in the Coffee Lounge you'll find that the majority of our members are under the age of 20. Not to mention the fact that simply because someone is older doesn't mean they're not offended by coarse language (finger pointing squarely at self).
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Well, $%%#. Guess I never liked anyone censoring what I write, offensive or not. (I'm a writer in my other life). So it %$#$^& goes...

But I don't like swearing in front of kids or my Mom, so I guess it's not that bad. I'll be honest, though, there's few things in the world that can bring out the Dark Side faster than driver problems in Linux.

DT

Now that I am a fully fledged adult - or a pretend one at least - I've noticed that some places on the Internet (and this is one of them) are quite genteel compared to others. For example, I have an interest in folk music, so off I went to The Mudcat Cafe, which is a huge folksong lyric database. They have a thread based chat zone, so I read some of the posts.

What a bunch of losers they are! It was just one huge flame from one end to the other. So I left and felt disappointed. From the conversations you could tell they were 'adults'. Frankly I've met some very interesting and intelligent 18-25 year olds, and I'd rather talk to one of them than waste my time with ... etc. End of rant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast